Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First Rough Animation

Here is Scene 1 of rough animation. It is as much a test in the pipeline as the beginning of production.



Scene 01 - Rough Animation from Michael Spilsbury on Vimeo.


The issue I face right now is whether to continue this process by drawing on paper. I have found paper animation to be more time consuming and more frustrating than digital means, but I aim for the hand drawn look to be present in the final film. And there is a natural attraction to the simplicity of the paper and pencil duo.

I have been told that ToonBoom could lend itself to a pencil on paper look while maintaining the advantages of digital production. I have yet to experiment with the program, though I am interested to see what could be produced. I only know that it must be resolved quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment